Sunday, January 15, 2012

Large Family Logistics - Update


I thought I would give an update on how my schedule has been going since I started reading the book Large Family Logistics.  I haven't read the whole thing through yet, because I can only handle so much information at once! I would like to say though, the first part of the book is more of a protestant bible study on Proverbs than  information on organizing and planning, so if you choose to skip that part you won't really miss anything. After all, if your reading a book like this you already know you need to be more organized!



Anyway I have implemented her ideas on keeping up with the laundry and it is working very well. The idea is that you have one day a week dedicated to different activities, Monday being laundry day. On laundry day you would do as much laundry as possible, switching loads as soon as one is done. You should do this until 4:00 at which time everyone in the house helps to put it all away. Every other day of the week she gives a goal of 4 by 4:00 - 4 loads done by 4 p.m.. We have basically keep to this schedule and it is nice to see a manageable amount of laundry in the children's baskets! The Mt. Everest that was part of the boys room is no longer!! After the laundry is washed I separate it into everyones individual basket and they put it away at the end of the day. Now when they look in their drawers they actually have clean clothes to choose from. It's a wonderful thing to have clean, folded clothes!  I think this is a habit that is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment