Friday, July 27, 2012

Meatless (and cheap!) Meals

I decided to write a post now and then on meatless meals.  I'm doing this so I can make myself think that I have great knowledge on what to cook on Fridays for people who have a variety of allergies in their house and have that one day a week that is meatless! After all, coming up with things that don't include wheat, dairy, eggs, peanuts, soy, fish AND meat can be a little challenging!
I'm sorry I don't have a picture for this, but I didn't think about posting it until after the fact. So without further adieu, my first meatless Friday recipe!

Pasta with Beans and Greens

-gluten free pasta of your choice ( I used Ancient Harvest Quinoa/Corn blend)
- sliced mushrooms
-package of fresh spinach
-white beans of your choice
-garlic
-onions
-white wine
-vegetable stock
-vegetable bouillon

Now I have to tell you right now - every measurement is to taste in this recipe. Also if it wasn't Friday I would use Chicken stock and bouillon. 
 So my pithy directions:  While your pasta is cooking in one pot, fry onions and garlic in a frying pan. After it has cooked some add the mushrooms and when they are nearly cooked, add the spinach and drained beans.  When the spinach is cooked to your liking, add the wine, broth and a scoop of bouillon .(I use Better Than Bouillon, it comes in a jar)  Than just taste it and adjust it as you like.  Oh, I also added salt, pepper, and basil.  Really its the garlic and wine that make it, so go heavy on those, just don't use a sweet wine - yuck. Now just throw it in your pasta and your good to go!  Quick, healthy, cheap - what more do you want!


I had to have some kind of picture - it was killing me!!

Looking for more allergy friendly recipes?  Check out Allergy Friendly Friday at Cybele Pascal's website!

No comments:

Post a Comment