Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas to Everyone!


I hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season! We had a wonderful Christmas and our Christmas Eve Mass was breathtakingly beautiful. There is nothing better than a candlelight Mass on Christmas Eve, especially when it's accompanied by a really good sermon. The only bad thing is that my computer crashed  - but as you can see it is back up and running.
I got some nice things for Christmas! The best was a new camera!!! Its a Nikon D3100 - so so cool!
(although the picture here is very bad - blame Amazon!)



This baby is a joy to take pictures with, let me tell you.  So much nicer than the old point-and-shoot!

The other nice gift I got was a book, Large Family Logistics.


Since we have kind of a large family, this seemed like a good book to read! I got a cold the day after Christmas and spent a day in bed so I have been able to read quite a bit of it. There are some ideas that we already have stumbled on, some that we used to do and have fallen away from, and some that are new. I look forward to implementing some of these ideas in the new year. I'll try to keep you informed of what works!
Last but not least, a book I got for myself - MaryJanes Outpost.


Yes, MaryJane can be a little to liberal for me and a little too much of a feminist at times. She has some good ideas though, and there are lots of nice pictures in the book! I just ignore all that modern thinking and  look at  the ideas she has.
Now that Christmas Day is past, I am trying to focus on those new year resolutions. I have a list floating in my head, but I think I need to put it on paper! Normally I'm not a resolution type of person, but I think setting some goals for the year isn't such a bad idea. A few of them will come from my new books, I'm sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment