Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

round button chicken
 

Once again, let's join the ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter for Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real.
Ready!
(OOPS! I posted the link wrong at Like Mother LIke Daughter  - sorry - but I don't know how to fix it now!!)
PRETTY


This is our new Nativity set, which I think is pretty. Our old one was "cute"  - but I got tired of cute! The new one is much more realistic.


The only thing that isn't pretty is the bare white wall behind it.  I hate white walls, but being the pessimistic person that I am I can never get myself to paint army housing. One day I'll move and I 'll have to paint it white again - TOO MUCH WORK!

HAPPY


Everyone was happy to help set up the new set.

FUNNY


Funny is what happens when a guy eats a doughnut too late at night. We cut out the dessert for our family advent sacrifice, so sugar has been scarce around here. (Remember there is a penitential side to Advent too.)  Exceptions are made for feast days and Sundays, so this little guy got to sneak  part of a doughnut Saturday night.Obviously his tolerance for sugar decreased during the week because boy was he hyper!


REAL


This is how we spent Black Peter day. Poor FBR lost all his fierceness. He had a very bad fever and just lay around all day. Its hard to believe this is the same toddler that was dancing on the dining room table in the above pictures.  I had lots of plans for the day but the reality is that a sick baby trumps any pre-made plans.



3 comments:

  1. I fixed it for you! Thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new nativity set is beautiful! Hope your little one is better soon.

    ReplyDelete