Sunday, November 13, 2011

More Dream House Musings


I think our large family could squeeze in here.


One of the nicest houses I have seen (well in pictures anyway) is Claude Monet's house in Giverny, France. I always loved Monet's art, and a few years ago I purchased this book and this book . I never realized what a beautiful house he lived in  and his style was instantly added to the list of dream house ideas.



Now, I have to say that I love this room and I think it is the ideal dining room - I'm just not a big fan of the yellow.



This is his kitchen, and I don't think there is anything here I would change. I love how open and airy it is. You can't see the curtains too well, but they are blue and white check and you can get a similar pair from Country Curtains if you're interested.



This is Monet's bedroom - and if you are wondering about the single bed - yes, he had a separate room from his wife. (Which if you think about it, could have its merits - but that's a post for another day!) Again there are some things here I would change, but I love the windows.  I think if I had windows like that, I would be ok without my sleeping porch.



Of course Monet is famous for painting his gardens and water lily pond. What perfect places for nature study!



With so much inspiration around him, no wonder Monet loved to paint.




Now if you'll excuse me, I think I feel like drawing something.

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely lovely! I so wish we had more style like that these days. A little more elegance is all I ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we just studied Monet again as part of our schooling. He is one of our favorite artists. We watched several movies about him and checked out some lovely books too. We drew and painted some of his more famous pieces too. We found a site with coloring pages of his paintings too:). I loved every minute of it, we are going to do another round with Grandma Moses next, I love her work. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete