Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy All Saints Day

Happy Feast of All Saints everyone!
 We weren't able to do too much celebrating today, but we tried our best. One thing we did was a "Name the Saints quiz" from the book "A Year With God" available for purchase from Catholic Heritage Curricula .   It has lots of activities to take you through the church year.
Would you like to test your knowledge too?  See if you can guess what Saints said the following quotes. The answers are at the bottom - but no peaking until you go through all the quotes!

Who said:

1) "Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing."

2) " He must increase, I must decrease."

3) "Let us love God, but with the strength of our arms,  in the sweat of our brow."

4) "If I am in the state of grace, may God keep me in it; if I am not, may God put me in it."

5) "Do only what you can offer to God."

6) "Lord Jesus receive my spirit."

7) "Compared to the crucifix, all my books are as so much straw."

8) "The road of true progress for a man is to show himself great in little things."

9)" Extending His arms on the cross like wings, Christ embraces all who come to Him sheltering them in his wounds"

10) " Sanctify yourself an you will sanctify society."

11) " I need nothing but God, and to lose myself in the heart of God."

12) " If it is possible, it can be done; if it is impossible, it must be done."

Answers:

1. St. Therese of Lisieux; 2.St. John the Baptist; 3. St. Vincent de Paul; 4.St. Joan of Arc; 5.St. John Vianney; 6.St. Stephen; 7. St. Thomas Aquinas; 8. St. Francis Xavier; 9. St. Anthony of Padua; 10. St. Francis of Assisi; 11. St. Margaret Mary Alacoque; 12. St. Frances Cabrini

No comments:

Post a Comment