Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home Style a la 1920's

I realize this really isn't the time of year for this post - but my dream house has one of these:



No, its not a bedroom - although I do want bedrooms in my dream house. This, my friends, is a creation of the 1920's - the sleeping porch.



It seems that back in the 20's these little gems were built onto the second floor of your home. In the summer, you could sleep there with the windows wide open to get fresh air. Doctors believed that the fresh air was good for respiratory diseases, and people liked to escape the summer heat that built up in the house during the day, since there was no air conditioning at the time.



 Personally, I think it would be a grand place to sleep and relax in the warm summer months. It is definitely part of my dream house from here on out.



 I just want it to have heat -  so I can be warm as toast in the winter -  and air conditioning for when I really don't feel like I need fresh air after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment