Monday, October 31, 2011

Gettin' Thrifty at the Thrift Shop

This is me sporting my thrifty skirt and blouse!

Do you ever shop at thrift shops? I've tried it before in a different state and didn't have much success. Where we live now, however, we have a wonderful thrift shop that is so big you could spend all day in it. We recently did just that and came home with a large bag of loot! The great thing is I got a lot of items for  ninety-five cents and, except for one shirt, nothing was over two dollars. It takes some time to sort through everything but its well worth the effort. Luckily Thomasina Tittlemouse wears just about the same size I do, so I could be daring and buy something that is a little out of my normal style knowing I could send it over to her if I decided I didn't look right in it.


Here's Mopsy modeling one of her new jumpers
The hardest thing about going to the thrift shop is trying  not to buy everything you see that looks pretty! It's awfully hard not to buy a blouse that cost ninety-five cents just because its outs of season. For ninety-five cents why not get it and save it!




The "I know its summery - but its so cheap!" collection

You  can even get some great brands at a fraction of what you would pay if you bought it new.


Button-down shirt from J-Jill!

So go out there and find yourself a good thrift shop. Once you do, you'll be addicted to the savings!

1 comment:

  1. I love our local thrift shop! It's not nearly so big, but it has the clothes I want! The last time I went there, I needed some more shirts but I only had enough for, say, one shirt at Kohl's or something like that. But I was able to buy four or five at this shop! I left very pleased.

    ReplyDelete